Inhalt :: Content
Statistische Datenbank mit Import- und Exportdaten aus über 140 Ländern weltweit, aufgegliedert nach Waren (Standard International Trade Classification) und Handelspartnern. Die Daten sind klassifiziert nach SITC (Rev.1 von 1962, Rev.2 von 1976 und Rev.3 von 1988) sowie nach dem "Harmonized System" HS (1988, mit Revisionen 1996 und 2002). Berichtszeitraum: 1962 ff. Updates: jährlich.
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
Comtrade provides commodity trade data for all available countries and areas since 1962. Currently, it contains almost 700 millions records.
Using UN Comtrade, anyone can find information on any commodity from any country, be it banana exports of Ecuador to the main importers of black printing ink, from trade in dried egg yolks or felt hats to railway passenger coaches or spacecraft launch vehicles. It is easy to find the number of pullovers made from animal hair that Mongolia exported to Luxembourg in 2000 (335), or the number of motor vehicles exported by Japan to the United States in 2001 (1.8 million, for a total of almost $31 billion). Also available are larger overviews of imports and exports by country and main categories of commodities, such as food or fuels or machinery.
In addition to the statistical values and quantities of trade, the database includes a rich source of reference information on countries, customs areas and commodities, as well as background information on terms used. The site also provides a number of links to additional sources of trade indicators, and there are plans to extend these in the near future to include macroeconomic indicators.
UN Comtrade not only lets users select the data they are looking for, but they can then view it in a number of different graphic formats. The site also allows small sets of data to be extracted from the database free of charge. Larger data sets -- such as for use in corporate market or product analysis, or academic research work -- can be obtained through an annual subscription. Government offices and universities pay a reduced rate and an additional 50 per cent discount is being provided to a large number of countries, selected on the basis of gross domestic product.
Key features of the UN COMTRADE Database:
- The most comprehensive international trade data provided on the Internet;
- Trade data converted to 6 different commodity classifications providing detail and international comparability;
- More than 700 million records covering 40 years;
- Detailed footnotes and meta-information on sources and data definitions;
- Help index to provide answers to a variety of questions.
The UN COMTRADE meets the statistical information needs of many different users:
- Basic data extraction for users who are looking for specific trade information;
- Trade profiles of countries or products with graphical snapshots for users who want a quick overview;
- Database exploration can be done via various tools like the UN COMTRADE explorer or Data availability;
- Advanced data selection is available for users who want to make their own groups of countries or commodities, and want to create their own download record format and save their data queries;
- Quick search gives access to all parts of the UN COMTRADE system by country, commodity or year;
- Metadata menu items (Commodities list, Countries list and Glossary) allows users to access and view the full list of commodity headings, the references of the terms used, and to get background information on countries.