The Complete Marquis Who's Who on the Web
Inhalt :: Content
Biographisches Nachschlagewerk mit detaillierten Informationen zu ca. 1,2 Millionen Personen des öffentlichen Lebens vorwiegend aus dem US-amerikanischen Sprach- und Kulturraum. Verzeichnet werden führende Persönlichkeiten der Gegenwart aus Politik, Wissenschaft, Kultur, Wirtschaft und Unterhaltung. Die Datenbank enthält alle Biographien, die seit 1985 in den Who's Who-Ausgaben des Verlags erschienen sind. Updates: täglich.
Verlag :: Publisher
Marquis Who's Who
Preis :: Price*
1 gleichzeitiger Zugriff 1.235,00 GBP/Jahr
weitere Preise auf Anfrage / further prices on request
*Der Preis versteht sich zzgl. der gesetzlich gültigen Mehrwertsteuer.
Das Angebot richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i. S. d. § 13 BGB und Letztverbraucher i. S. d. PAngV.
Bestellnummer bei digento :: digento order number
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
Marquis Who's Who on the Web, a 'high-speed', searchable online database, features comprehensive profiles on over 1.2 million of the most accomplished individuals from all fields of endeavor including: government, business, science & technology, the arts, entertainment and sports. Recognized globally since 1899 as the premier biographical data provider, Marquis Who's Who now gives you the ability to conduct powerful searches of its entire database of achievers from around the globe. Search by name, gender, occupation, geography, hobbies and interests, religion and much more.
No longer do subscribers need to wait until a new book is published to get updated profiles - the site is updated daily! Web subscribers will now have the most up-to-date biographical information available. Of course, Marquis Who's Who print volumes will still be available for subscribers who want to keep their library collection up-to-date.
With a subscription to Marquis Who's Who on The Web, you get access to current biographees of any person who appeared in any one of the following Marquis print titles since 1985:
- Who's Who in America
- Who Was Who in America
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who of American Women
- Who's Who in Science and Engineering
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in Medicine & Healthcare
- Who's Who in Finance & Industry
- Who's Who in 20 th Century America
- Who's Who in the East
- Who's Who in the Midwest
- Who's Who in the South & Southwest
- Who's Who in the West
- Who's Who in Media & Communications
- Who's Who in Entertainment
- Who's Who in American Education
- Who's Who in American Nursing
- Who's Who in Religion
- Who's Who of Emerging Leaders in America
- Who's Who Among Human Services Professionals
Marquis Who's Who on the Web has many features not available from any other biographical data source:
- Access to over 1.2 million biographies, with new profiles added daily
- Updates to biographies made daily
- Concise and complete biographies nicely presented using subject headings (i.e. occupation, creative works, etc.)
- Takes the guesswork out of time consuming searches - does the searching for you
- Print and download ability
- High speed searching, available 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Web-based search engine - no installation necessary
- Comprehensive biographical coverage including the following data elements: birth data, family, education and degree, career history, creative works, awards, military history, achievements, current memberships, interests/hobbies, and contact information.
How Marquis Who's Who Candidates are Selected and Data is Updated
The primary selection criteria for Marquis Who's Who Publications are: 1. Position of leadership held at significant organization, 2. educational attainments, 3. noteworthy achievement in creative works (writings, music, television, movies, etc.) 4. significant publishing or public speaking experience, or 5. contributions to the community. For listees in Who's Who in America, these accomplishments tend to be national in scope.
Marquis Who's Who identifies candidates for inclusion through a variety of means including colleague, family, and even self-nominations that we receive though our web site and through the mail. We have a research staff that researches "high profile" candidates to ensure that the upper echelons in all fields are being represented. Marquis also acquires membership lists to prestigious trade and professional associations. The purpose of the initial stage is to identify a core group of individuals whom Marquis believes may have the requisite qualifications for listing.
After the candidates are identified, Marquis invites them to submit their biographical data for consideration. The submitted data is then reviewed by our editorial staff in conjunction with listing standards developed initially with the first volume of Who's Who in America in 1899 and refined yearly ever since. The listing standards cover a broad spectrum of professions, with over 800 occupational designations supported in Marquis directories.