Handbook of Numerical Analysis
Hrsg. v. P.G. Ciarlet und J.L. Lions
Inhalt :: Content
Online-Service mit Zugang zu der Buchreihe "Handbook of Numerical Analysis" des Verlages Elsevier. Die 12 Bände umfassende Reihe behandelt ausführlich verschiedene Aspekte der numerischen Methoden der Analysis und der Stochastik und ihrer Anwendung. Die Nachschlagewerke sind im HTML- und PDF-Format verfügbar. Die Buchreihe wird laufend erweitert.
Verlag :: Publisher
Preis :: Price
Preise auf Anfrage / Prices on request
Das Angebot richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i. S. d. § 13 BGB und Letztverbraucher i. S. d. PAngV.
Bestellnummer bei digento :: digento order number
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
Now the high quality reference material found in Elsevier's handbooks is available, anytime, anywhere presented online as part of different subject collections. With content solicited from the world's leading authorities, these highly-cited volumes offer an invaluable resource for your researchers. With the handbooks available from volume one up to the most current volume, users gain online access to valuable research spanning many years and many important developments in scholarly research.
- Comprise authoritative, quality repositories within a mature research field.
- Include chapters serving as self-contained surveys, often defining a field.
- Authored by the most highly regarded experts in their fields.
- Are highly cited.
- Provide important entry points to the key literature.
- Are updated regularly with new volumes.
- Are fully searchable and linkable.
Benefits to the Librarian
- Ensure your users access to the most current and comprehensive content.
- Improve retrieval and increases usage of important content.
- Offer multiple researchers simultaneous access saving the cost of purchasing multiple copies.
- Allow cost benefit analysis via usage statistics.
Benefits to the Researcher
- The series are fully searchable giving researchers unsurpassed access to breadth and depth of information.
- Researchers can choose to browse chapters or articles.
ScienceDirect's integrated platform facilitates linking and searching between content types and onward, through CrossRef to other publishers' content.
- Remote usage and a stable reliable platform mean researchers have access anytime, anywhere.
Handbook of Handbook of Numerical Analysis
The series comprises 12 volumes.
This series of volumes covers all the major aspects of numerical analysis, serving as the basic reference work on the subject. Each volume concentrates on one to three, particular topics. Each article, written by an expert, is an in-depth survey, reflecting the most recent trends in the field, and is essentially self-contained.
The handbook will cover the basic methods of numerical analysis, under the following general headings:
- Solution of Equations in Rn
- Finite Difference Methods
- Finite Element Methods
- Techniques of Scientific Computing
- Optimization Theory and Systems Science
It will also cover the numerical solution of actual problems of contemporary interest in Applied Mathematics, under the following headings:
- Numerical Methods for Fluids
- Numerical Methods for Solids
- Specific Applications - including meteorology, seismology, petroleum mechanics and celestial mechanics
Reference works and handbooks on ScienceDirect are offered via two convenient options, giving you the flexibility your institution requires. You have the choice of which books titles you wish to have online, and under an online license that best suits you needs:
Annual Subscription Option
Just as you do with journals, you can pay an annual subscription fee for the books you wish to access on ScienceDirect. Annual subscription fees cover content updates and the addition of ancillary material, such as multi-media or glossaries, as appropriate.
Upfront Payment Option
You can pay a one-time fee upfront to gain site-wide access, with a small additional charge annually from year two onwards. This enables you to make effective use of any one-time, book, or year-end budgets. The small annual charge from year two onwards covers your access to new volumes and updates and ancillary material.
The prices for both license options are based on the number of FTEs in your institution, according to the following bands: Small, Medium, Large.
- Complimentary 30-day trials of Handbooks Series on ScienceDirect are available.
- Discounts for multiple purchases of Handbooks Series on ScienceDirect licensed at the same time may apply.
- You don't need to have an institutional license to purchase Handbooks Series on ScienceDirect. Existing ScienceDirect customers will receive a simple amendment to existing contract agreements. New customers can choose from one or multiple-year terms.
- Online-only access to Handbooks Series on ScienceDirect can be purchased separately from the print subscriptions.
- Colleges that do not offer graduate programs may apply for special pricing arrangements.