Inhalt :: Content
Online-Service mit Zugang zu 120 Fachzeitschriften der Emerald Group Publishing mit einem Gesamtumfang von über 68.000 Artikeln im Volltext- und Faksimileformat, jeweils vom 1. Jahrgang bis 1993. Die Kerngruppe der Zeitschriften bilden Titel aus dem Bereich der Wirtschaftswissenschaften, vertreten sind aber auch einschlägige Fachzeitschriften aus den Bibliothekswissenschaften und Ingenieurwissenschaften. Berichtszeitraum: 1898-1993.
Verlag :: Publisher
Preis :: Price
Preise auf Anfrage / Prices on request
Das Angebot richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i. S. d. § 13 BGB und Letztverbraucher i. S. d. PAngV.
Bestellnummer bei digento :: digento order number
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
Emerald has been working with the British Library to digitize the full archive of its journals collection in business, management, library and information services, materials science and engineering. Emerald currently provides the full text of its journals online from 1994 onwards (when we first started to capture content electronically). Through the digitization of the backfiles, all articles will be made available online from the very first volumes of the journals. With a collection that dates back to the nineteenth century, Emerald Backfiles form an interesting and important record for business and management scholars and social historians alike. The extended archive will help to fill collection gaps, reduce shelf space and provide access to articles that have never before been published electronically.
Over recent years we have seen a huge increase in the usage of articles online. This clearly highlights the changes in reader behaviour; content is chiefly accessed online rather than via hardcopy journals. However, having undertaken some analysis, we have identified that four of the five most cited papers in Emerald journals were published before 1994. Therefore through developing Emerald Backfiles, we will bring this knowledge to new readers and re-open historical scholarship.
- Coverage back to Volume 1 Issue 1 with some articles dating back as far as 1898.
- Over 120 journal titles will complete the Emerald Digital Backfiles, providing users with more than 68,000 articles on key management disciplines.
- Each backfile has been transformed into a fully searchable PDF.
- Emerald Backfiles contain early articles from seminal publications such as British Food Journal, European Journal of Marketing and Journal of Documentation.
- Flexible purchasing options to suit all budgets.
- Save time, increase knowledge. Emerald Backfiles will be fully integrated with the current Emerald database and will, therefore, link into the wider body of knowledge and research.
- Deepen the quality of your research.
- Utilize concepts, theories and ideas that have never previously been published online to add a new dimension to your thinking.
- Explore the foundations of business and management research.
- Understand in greater depth the roots of modern business and management theory.
- Read high-quality PDFs.
- Articles will be available as fully searchable PDFs, combining the look and feel of the printed page with the convenience of a searchable html document.
- Disseminate out-of-print material.
- Provide users with the widest range of digital material.
- Grow your holdings. Add 68,000 articles to your existing holdings. Emerald Backfiles can be used to complete and enhance a mature collection or provide an introduction to business and management research.
- Save on shelf space. Reduce physical presence and associated costs.
- Fill the gaps. Eliminate the problem of missing or lost print issues with the online Backfiles collection.
- Save time - for researchers and staff! Users can access information through familiar online platforms, eliminating the need for inter-library loans or staff support.
- Effectively manage your budget. The Emerald Backfiles are available for a one-off fee to ensure permanent access with no licence restrictions.