Elsevier Book Series Backfiles on ScienceDirect
Inhalt :: Content
Online-Service mit Zugang zu den Backfiles von 64 Buchreihen in den Fachbereichen Chemie, Biowissenschaften (Agrarwissenschaft, Biologie, Biochemie, Genetik, Molekularbiologie, Immunologie, Mikrobiologie, Neurowissenschaften, Pharmakologie, Toxikologie, Pharmazie), Ingenieurwissenschaften, Physik und Astronomie sowie Psychologie mit einem Gesamtumfang von rund 2.900 Einzelbänden. Enthalten sind für jede Buchreihe sämtliche, bis zum Erscheinungsjahr 2000 veröffentlichten Bände. Die Backfiles können sowohl als Gesamtpaket als auch in fachbereichsbezogenen Paketen erworben werden.
Verlag :: Publisher
Preis :: Price
Complete Collection (64 Titel)
Chemistry Collection (12 Titel)
Life Sciences Collection (38 Titel)
Engineering Collection (3 Titel)
Physics & Astronomy Collection (6 Titel)
Psychology Collection (5 Titel)
Agricultural & Biological Sciences Collection (7 Titel)
Biochemistry, Genetics & Molecular Biology Collection (19 Titel)
Immunology & Microbiology Collection (7 Titel)
Neuroscience Collection (2 Titel)
Pharmacology, Toxicology & Pharmaceutical Science Collection (3 Titel)
Preise auf Anfrage / Prices on request
Das Angebot richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i. S. d. § 13 BGB und Letztverbraucher i. S. d. PAngV.
Bestellnummer bei digento :: digento order number
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
The Book Series Backfiles on ScienceDirect solution contains volumes from the first volume of the titles up until the 2000. The complete collection consists of 2900 volumes in total.
The Book Series Backfiles are offered in collections.
The collections are:
- Complete Collection (all 63 titles)
- Subject Collections
Chemistry (12 titles) - This mirrors the Chemistry Book Series collection
Life Sciences (38 titles) - This mirrors the Life Sciences Book Series collection
Engineering (3 titles) - This mirrors the Engineering Book Series collection
Physics & Astronomy (5 titles) - This mirrors the Physics & Astronomy Book Series collection
Psychology (5 titles)
- Sub-Subject Collections (The life Science package is divided in sub-subject collections)
Agricultural & Biological Sciences (7 titles) - This mirrors the Agricultural & Biological Sciences collection
Biochemistry, Genetics & Molecular Biology (19 titles) - This mirrors the Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology collection
Immunology & Microbiology (7 titles) - This mirrors the Immunology and Microbiology collection
Neuroscience (2 titles)
Pharmacology, Toxicology & Pharmaceutical Science (3 titles)
Benefits of Book Series Backfiles on ScienceDirect
- Empowers a library to offer comprehensive coverage of a series back to Volume 1, easily discoverable from the world's leading online STM content platform. ScienceDirect is easier to use, offers more powerful search capabilities and more relevant results that its 4 nearest competitors. (Source: Elsevier ScienceDirect Benchmarking Study, 2006 quoted in Elsevier eBooks Value Story).
- Librarians empower their users to find relevant material quickly and easily. Users may have known that this material was in existence but they could not as easily access it before, or online availability may have revealed "hidden gems" that made a positive contribution to the success of research endeavors.
- Libraries face physical space challenges. This could be driven by the need to house new printed matter, or rare collections, or to make way for work space or other initiatives to promote the use and vibrancy of the physical library. Whether the decision has been made now or is planned for the future, the online availability of large amounts of key literature assists librarians in the migration of printed matter to cheaper, off-site storage locations.
- Increases the value of the entire collection, which is now more complete and comprehensive
- Moves more content to users' desktops
- Gives older books that still contain relevant information new life
- Empowers users to find relevant material quickly and easily
- Increases usage because of accessibility, findability and linking to journal and other book content
- Meets user expectation levels, particularly for materials published prior to the online revolution
- Promotes remote usage
- Decreases demand for interlibrary loan (ILL), realizing time and cost savings
- Preserves older material without risk of damage, decomposition or theft
- Assists librarians in the migration of printed matter to cheaper, off-site storage locations or enables donation to other institutions
Provides COUNTER-compliant usage statistics critical for good collection management
- Provides rights in perpetuity
- Researchers can get quick access to historically groundbreaking content that can be as relevant today as it was when first published.
- Leverage the power of the ScienceDirect platform to gain new research insights make tangible connections and links between Book Series Backfile chapters and Backfile Journal Articles in the same subject area.
- Brings out of print and old titles back to life enabling users to go further back in time to explore the research that has helped shape today's science
- Discloses content that previously was not as easily available
- Increases findability of often highly cited book content and contributes to better research
- Provides foundational knowledge that benefits researchers moving into a new area of inquiry and students looking for a broad overview of a topic - "consulting" with the pioneers in a specific field
- Helps authors, reviewers and editors who are checking references, verifying the originality of the work or gathering information for articles, particularly review articles
- Supports preparation of class lectures, putting subjects into their historical perspective for students
- Enables users to find classic or seminal research in the form of data, tables, charts and images
- Enables users to better follow the trail of citation
- Enables users to link to journal and other book content, integrating disparate information resources
- Increases "interrogability," enabling users to decide whether they actual need the book or chapter
- Reduces frustration and time waiting for books to arrive via interlibrary loan
- Moves more content to users' desktops and therefore literature browsing and searching can be more easily integrated into the daily workflow
Libraries & researchers get comprehensive access to the highest quality Book Series
Elsevier Book Series are, on average, of a higher quality and have a greater impact on research output. This is demonstrated through independent research conducted by ISI, which shows that Elsevier serials have very high citation levels compared to 3rd party serials published within their subject category. Where a relative impact factor of 1 is seen as average against 3rd party serials in the same subject area, the majority of Elsevier Book Series titles have a greater relevant impact to category and 2 titles in particular in the Life Sciences and Chemistry collections , Advances in Microbial Physiology and Advances in Catalysis have extremely high relative impact factors of 13.181 and 13.154. The table blow shows the relative impact factor for all Elsevier serials measured.