Oxford Bibliographies Online (OBO): Classics
Hrsg. v. Dee. L Clayman
Verlag :: Publisher
Oxford University Press
Preis :: Price
Preise auf Anfrage / Prices on request
Das Angebot richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i. S. d. § 13 BGB und Letztverbraucher i. S. d. PAngV.
Bestellnummer bei digento :: digento order number
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
The study of the ancient world is a cornerstone of Western scholarship. It possesses a long history with a rich, well established critical literature, but is also a highly active field responding to the emergence of new discoveries, interpretations, and theories. In addition to a vast body of scholarship, classical studies has been quick to move online so that today's students and researchers have ready access to key primary source texts and a range of electronic resources. Oxford Bibliographies Online helps the busy researcher find the scholarship most relevant to them.
Entries will be provided for the following topics at launch and the resource will continue to expand with both new entries and revisions to existing entries.
- Callimachus of Cyrene
- Law, Greek
- Christianity, Early
- Literature, Hellenistic
- Pyrrho of Elis
- History, Roman: Early to Republic
- Novel, Greek
- History, Roman: Late Antiquity
- Law, Roman
- Topography, Rome
- Poetry, Greek: Elegiac and Lyric
- Religion, Roman
- Poetry, Latin: Archaic through Republic
- History, Greek: Archaic to Classical Age
- Rhetoric, Greek
- History, Greek: Hellenistic
- Art, Greek
- Jews and Judaism
- Lexicography, Greek
- Poetry, Latin: Imperial
- Arena Spectaclers
Oxford Bibliographies Online
Oxford Bibliographies Online is an online-only resource designed to help busy researchers find reliable sources of information by directing them to the best scholarship available, whether it be a book, chapter, journal, website, or database.
Each subject module is composed of a series of entries covering the major areas of scholarship within that discipline. Entries feature a unique design specifi cally created to accommodate the way research is conducted online.
Combining the best features of a research level encyclopedia and the traditional bibliography...
Each entry includes:
- Heading - concisely identifies the types of resources and key areas of scholarship
- Commentary Text - provides a synoptic, narrative guide with recommendations to guide users through the citations that follow and to draw attention to connections between the items in the list
- Bibliography - provides a selective list of citations to the best and most useful resources
- Annotations - provide guidance about the content of each citation and how each will aid research
Continual expansion and the stamp of excellence...
- Each subject module has an Editor in Chief and an Editorial Board and is reviewed annually for updates.
- Includes specially-commissioned expert recommendations with critical supportive text and annotation, providing full context for understanding citations
- 50- 100 entries at launch per subject all peer reviewed and board vetted
- Updated 3-times a year with 50-75 entries per year added to each subject module
- Sort results alphabetically - by relevance, alphabetically
- Advanced search - allow users to search for citations by author or title of work, limit by subject module and by resource type (eg book, journal article, website)
- Email search results
- Direct linking to online resources and library catalogues
- Export citations to EndNote, ProCite, Reference Manager, RefWorks or Zotero.
- DOIs (static URLs) to be available at entry level
- My OBO citations can be saved to build and customise bibliographies
- RSS feeds for My OBO account holders - new entries