Minnesota Scholarship Online
Verlag :: Publisher
Oxford University Press
Preis :: Price
Preise auf Anfrage / Prices on request
Das Angebot richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i. S. d. § 13 BGB und Letztverbraucher i. S. d. PAngV.
Bestellnummer bei digento :: digento order number
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
Founded in 1925, the University of Minnesota Press is among the most distinctive American university presses, with an international reputation for publishing boundary-breaking and intellectually rigorous work. After building its reputation during its first fifty years on traditional scholarly books and publishing in the literary and creative arts, Minnesota redefined its program in the 1980s to become a leading publisher of groundbreaking scholarship in social and critical theory, cultural studies, race and ethnic studies, and media studies and in the process became the first university press to define its editorial program by critical methods rather than academic discipline.
In recent years, Minnesota's publishing program has evolved to develop strengths in art and visual culture, architecture and urban studies, politics, and indigenous studies. Since its inception the Press has also maintained a commitment to publishing prize-winning books on the people, culture, history, and natural environment of Minnesota and the Upper Midwest. Through its Test Division, the Press publishes the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI), the most widely used objective tests of personality in the world.
Minnesota Scholarship Online (MNSO) contains award-winning scholarship with a strong focus on cultural studies, architecture, art history, indigenous studies, and critical theory. Notable authors include:
- Vilem Flusser
- Henri Lefebvre
- Ian Bogost
- Edward Soja
- J. K. Gibson-Graham
- George Lipsitz
- Alexander R. Galloway.
Contemporary titles range from The Essential Ellen Willis by Ellen Willis and The Price of Thirst by Karen Piper; to Debates in the Digital Humanities, a volume edited by Matthew K. Gold, and The Universe of Things by Steven Shaviro, whose expertise is in speculative realism and the philosophy of Alfred North Whitehead. Touchstone series that are part of our program include Posthumanities; Critical American Studies; Architecture, Landscape, and American Culture; Globalization and Community; First Peoples; and Electronic Mediations.
Minnesota Scholarship Online is available through the University Press Scholarship Online platform.
Key user features:
- Provides the high quality scholarly content in one platform
- XML-based platform provides increased discoverability and usage of scholarly materials
- Fully cross-referenced and cross-searchable, with clickable citations from bibliographies and footnotes, including OpenURL and DOI-linking support, and more
- Consistent and timely updates keep the pace with physical book publishing and provide a reliable schedule for new content
The following individual modules are available:
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Anthropology
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Architecture
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Art
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Biology
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Business and Management
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Earth Sciences and Geography
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Economics and Finance
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Education
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Environmental Science
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Film, Television and Radio
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - History
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Law
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Literature
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Music
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Philosophy
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Political Science
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Psychology
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Public Health and Epidemiology
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Society and Culture
- Minnesota Scholarship Online - Sociology