Pickering Women's Classics
Verlag :: Publisher
Preis :: Price
Preise auf Anfrage / Prices on request
Das Angebot richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i. S. d. § 13 BGB und Letztverbraucher i. S. d. PAngV.
Bestellnummer bei digento :: digento order number
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
This ambitious publishing project was begun in 1991 and completed in April 2002 with the publication of the Joanna Baillie edition. We are proud that we have been able to make available key texts in the study of women's literature and history in a high-quality and affordable format, suitable for classroom teaching and research.
Pickering Women's Classics is a unique series bringing together the works of twenty significant women writers of the last three hundred years. Texts are taken from representative first editions, and each volume provides annotation and a substantial introduction by a leading scholar in the field.
- A Serious Proposal to the Ladies by Mary Astell
- Joanna Baillie: a Selection of Poems and Plays
- New Blazing World and Other Writings by Margaret Cavendish
- Narrative of the Life of Charlotte Charke
- Counterfeit Ladies edited by Janet Todd and Elizabeth Spearing
- Impressions of Theophrastus Such by George Eliot
- Nature and Art by Elizabeth Inchbald
- Cassandra and Suggestions for Thought by Florence Nightingale
- The Wild Irish Girl by Sydney Owenson, Lady Morgan
- Maude by Christina Rossetti, "On Sisterhoods" and A Woman's Thoughts About Women by Dinah Mulock Craik
- The Conquest of Rome by Matilde Serao
- The History of Lady Sophia Sternheim by Sophie von LaRoche
Baillie, Joanna. Joanna Baillie: A Selection of Poems and Plays. Edited with introduction and notes by Amanda Gilroy and Keith Hanley. London; Brookfield, Vt.: Pickering & Chatto, 2002.
Cavendish, Margaret. The Description of a New World, Called The Blazing World (1666) and Other Writings. Edited by Kate Lilley. London: W. Pickering, 1992.
Charke, Charlotte. Narrative of the Life of Charlotte Charke. Edited with introduction and notes by Robert Rehder. London: Pickering & Chatto, 1999.
Counterfeit Ladies. The Life and Death of Mal Cutpurse and The Case of Mary Carleton. London: William Pickering, 1994.
* Eliot, George. Impressions of Theophrastus Such. Edited by Nancy Henry. London: Pickering & Chatto, 1994.
Inchbald, Elizbeth. Nature and Art. Edited with introduction and notes by Shawn Lisa Maurer. London; Brookfield, Vt.: Pickering & Chatto, 1997.
Nightingale, Florence. Cassandra and other selections from Suggestions for thought. Edited by Mary Poovey. London: Pickering & Chatto, 1992.
Owenson, Sydney, Lady Morgan. The Wild Irish Girl. Edited with an introduction and notes by Claire Connolly and Stephen Copley. With a foreword by Kevin Whelan. London; Brookfield, Vt.: Pickering & Chatto, 2000.
Rossetti, Christina. Maude. "On Sisterhoods" and A Woman's Thoughts about Women by Dinah Mulock Craik. [All] edited by Elaine Showalter. Textual notes by Penny Mahon. London: Pickering & Chatto, 1993.
Serao, Matilde. The conquest of Rome. Edited by Ann Caesar. London: Pickering and Chatto, 1991.
La Roche, Sophie von. The History of Lady Sophia Sternheim. Edited by James Lynn. London: Pickering & Chatto, 1992.