Springer Book Archives
Inhalt :: Content
Online-Service mit Zugang zu über 110.000 deutsch- und englischsprachigen monographischen Veröffentlichungen, Handbüchern und Buchreihen des Springer-Verlages und seiner Imprint-Verlage aus allen Fachbereichen. Sämtliche Titel können im Rahmen von fachbereichsbezogenen Paketen durch Kauf erworben werden. Abgedeckter Zeitraum: 1840 ff.
Verlag :: Publisher
Preis :: Price
- Behavioral Science
- Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Business and Economics
- Chemistry and Materials Science
- Computer Science (including Professional and Applied Computing)
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Physics and Astronomy
Preise auf Anfrage / Prices on request
Das Angebot richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i. S. d. § 13 BGB und Letztverbraucher i. S. d. PAngV.
Bestellnummer bei digento :: digento order number
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
Springer has a long history of publishing significant books that have helped to train and inform generations of researchers. As part of our ongoing commitment to the scientific community, Springer invested in a major initiative: The Springer Book Archives > around 110,000 high-quality books dating back to the 1840s, available on SpringerLink and in print. Springer is proud to offer the largest single collection of STM books in the world.
The Springer Book Archives link the past, present and future of scholarly research with anytime, anywhere access. Via SpringerLink, researchers will have easy access to books by the finest minds in science, many previously unavailable in electronic format. Eminent authors in the collection include luminaries such as Rudolf Diesel, Werner von Siemens and Emil Fischer.
The MyCopy service (low cost, printed on demand eBooks) will be available for almost the entire English language collection of over 50,000 titles. The service is available in many countries.
Springer eBooks are available as eReader-compatible PDFs and are DRM-free. There are no limits on the number of simultaneous users, printing or downloading.
- 110,00 titles
- English and German (approximately half each)
- No Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Free MARC records
- MyCopy print on demand
- Whole book and chapter level downloads
- Dating back to the 1840s
- Purchase model
- Book series back to volume 1
- DOIs at title and chapter levels
Benefits for Librarians
Librarians will instantly recognize the value of the Springer Book Archives as a major step forward in the move toward secured electronic access of quality research content and the true virtual library.
- Complete collections and expand holdings
- Reduce the physical space needed to house collections
- Decrease staff time needed to manage physical collections
- Ensure access for patrons to works previously unavailable electronically or out of print
- Expand patron access to MyCopy
- Eliminate wear and tear issues and reduce the need to scan articles
- Enrich metadata for search and discovery services like Google
Benefits for Researchers
- Enable today's researchers to explore the scientific achievements of the past using today's technology, and all the advantages that it offers.
- Access to historical precedents that support current theories and inspire new breakthroughs
- Ability to trace the genesis of significant research and protocols and link them to today's research
- Deepening of understanding and foundational knowledge
- Meeting the demands of a comprehensive research discovery process
- Discovery and verification of prior art while avoiding mistakes of the past