Religion and the Law
Verlag :: Publisher
William S. Hein & Co.
Preis :: Price
Preise auf Anfrage / Prices on request
Das Angebot richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i. S. d. § 13 BGB und Letztverbraucher i. S. d. PAngV.
Bestellnummer bei digento :: digento order number
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
We are pleased to introduce a new collection in HeinOnline: Religion and the Law. Consisting of more than 1,800 titles and 910,000 pages that include books, periodicals, and bibliographies, this collection provides a research platform on the development, history, organization, and fundamental principles of various world religions. The collection also includes the Christian Legal Society publications, an assortment of Canon Law, and rare historical bibles. This collection will grow tremendously as we continue to add new material in the future.
Featuring works on:
- Canon Law
- History of the Church & State
- Religion & Freedom
- Jewish Law
- Reformation Period
- Early Constitutions of the Church
- Religion & Politics
- The Bible in Public Schools
- American State Papers on Sunday Legislation
- Rules for Ministers
- Christian principles for defending people and the law
- Religion & the Law
Canon Law: Our canon law collection features 450 titles and more than 100,000 pages that range from titles such as Conciliorum Omnium, Tam Generalium, Quam Provincialium, Quae lam Inde Ab Apostolorum Temporibus, Hactenus Legitime Celebrata Haberi Potuerunt (1585) to more contemporary titles such as Canon Law Collection of the Library of Congress: A General Bibliography with Selective Annotations (1981).
Church & State: Including more than 300 titles and more than 175,000 pages of material, this section traces the history of the government and church back to the third century and includes titles such as Valerian Persecution: A Study of the Relations between Church and State in the Third Century A.D. (1905). It also covers the controversial subject of the Bible in public schools with titles such as Bible in the Public Schools: Opinion and Decision of the Supreme Court of Ohio (1870) and Bible, Religion, and the Public Schools (1961).
Christian Legal Society: This section includes nearly 30 titles from the Christian Legal Society. The mission of the Christian Legal Society is to be a growing nationwide fellowship of Christian lawyers and law students who act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with their God. Included in this section are periodicals such as Christian Lawyer (2005-current) and the Journal of Christian Legal Thought (2011-current), along with titles such as Christian Perspectives on Law and Justice (1977) and Teachers and Religion in Public Schools (2000).
Religious Freedom: With more than 100 titles and 37,000 pages, this section encompasses the rights of church and free speech. This includes titles ranging from Essay on the First Principles of Government; and on the Nature of Political, Civil and Religious Liberty (1768) to more contemporary titles such as Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000: A Legislative History, Public Law 106-274, 114 Stat. 803 (2011).
Jewish Law: This is a growing collection of more than 100 titles related to Jewish Law. Some of the titles include, Great Cases of Tythes and Forced Maintenance (sic) Once More Reviewed: The True State thereof into, before the Law, under the Law, among the Jews: Likewise under the Gospel, the True Ministers of Christ, Their Allowance Shown: Likewise in the Corruption of Time since Christ: How Tythes have been introduced (1665), Code of Jewish Law - Kitzur Shulhan Aruh: A Compilation of Jewish Laws and Customs (rev. ed.) (1961), and Old Testament Law for Bible Students, Classified and Arranged in Modern Legal System (1922).
Other Related Works: There are more than 450 titles and 220,000 pages that include titles such as Antislavery Struggle and Triumph in the Methodist Episcopal Church (1881), Holy Bible and the Law (1962), and Islamist Extremist in Chechnya: A Threat to the U.S. Homeland: Joint Hearing before the Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, and Emerging Threats and the Subcommittee on Terrorism, Nonproliferation, and Trade of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, House of Representatives, One Hundred Thirteenth Congress, First Session (2013).
Scholarly Articles: This section includes links to more than 800 articles chosen and reviewed by our editors relating to religion and the law. Using Hein's ScholarCheck tool, you can see which other law review articles from the Law Journal Library cite the article you are reading and quickly link to those articles!
Periodicals: We have more than 30 periodicals available that cover a multitude of world religions and encompass a series of topics related to religion and the law.
Bibliography: Our editors have created a bibliography of more than 500 select titles of importance to religion and the law research. We include the list with links to resources to find the titles in your organization or a nearby library.
- Advocate of Peace and Christian Patriot
- Annual Report of the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom
- Annual Report on International Religious Freedom
- Arab Law Quarterly
- Ave Maria Law Review
- Berkeley Journal of Middle Eastern & Islamic Law
- Bigamy and Polygamy. Review of the Opinion of the Supreme Court of the United States, Rendered at the October Term, 1878, in the Case of George Reynolds, Plaintiff in Error, vs. The United States, Defendant in Error
- Catholic Lawyer
- Chinese Law & Religion Monitor
- Christian Lawyer
- Christian Legal Society Quarterly
- Cornell Law Journal
- Free Meetings Advocate
- Graven Images: A Journal of Culture, Law, and the Sacred Institute of Church and State: Proceedings
- Islamic Law and Society
Israel Law Review
- Jewish Law Report
- Journal of Catholic Legal Studies
- Journal of Christian Legal Thought
- Journal of Church and State
- Journal of Islamic Law & Culture
- Journal of Law and Religion
- Jurist (Catholic University of America)
- Law & Justice - The Christian Law Review
- Liberty, Life and Family
- Liberty University Law Review
- National Jewish Law Review
- Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy
- Quarterly (Christian Legal Society)
- Quis Custodiet
- Religion & Human Rights: An International Journal
- Religious Freedom Reporter
- Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion
- Seminar: Annual Extradordinary Number of the Jurist
- UCLA Journal of Islamic and Near Eastern Law
- University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class