The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics (EAL)
Hrsg. v. Carol A. Chapelle
Print: 2012, 10 Bände, 6.582 Seiten, gebunden
Inhalt :: Content
Umfassendes, interdisziplinär ausgerichtetes Referenzwerk zur Angewandten Linguistik und ihrer Teildisziplinen mit über 1.100 Beiträgen von rund 900 internationalen Fachwissenschaftlern.
Verlag :: Publisher
Wiley-Blackwell (Blackwell Publishers)
Preis :: Price
Preise auf Anfrage / Prices on request
Das Angebot richtet sich nicht an Verbraucher i. S. d. § 13 BGB und Letztverbraucher i. S. d. PAngV.
Bestellnummer bei digento :: digento order number
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
Available online or as a 10-volume print set, The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics is a ground-breaking and comprehensive resource spanning the entire field. Truly international in scope, and led by General Editor Carol A. Chapelle, the Encyclopedia brings together contributions from the world's most respected scholars in applied linguistics.
The Encyclopedia provides an overview of all the key areas in applied linguistics - including Bilingual Education, Language Policy and Planning, Language Teaching and Learning, Assessment and Evaluation, Corpus Linguistics, Discourse and Conversation Analysis, Literacy, Technology and Language, and more - as well as 250 biographies of key figures in the field.
Individual entries range from 1,500 to 4,000 words, with the longer, essay-style contributions giving a detailed overview of key developments and ideas. The online platform further provides interactive cross-referencing links and powerful searching and browsing capabilities across the Encyclopedia, along with sound and video files for relevant articles, and will be updated regularly.
Whether in print or online, The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics will be essential reading for researchers, academics, students, and practitioners across the field.
Includes complete coverage of these 27 areas:
- Analysis of Discourse and Interaction
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Bilingual Education
- Bilingualism and Multilingualism
- Cognitive Second Language Acquisition
- Conversation Analysis
- Corpus Linguistics
- Critical Discourse Analysis
- Culture and Context
- Forensic Linguistics
- Language for Specific Purposes
- Language Ideology
- Language Learning and Teaching
- Language Policy and Planning
- Multimodal Communication
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Qualitative Methods
- Quantitative and Mixed Methods
- Social, Dynamic, and Complexity Theories to Second Language Development
- Technology and Language
- Translation and Interpreting
- World Englishes
The online version offers the following additional features:
- Regular updates of articles, including new entries, to keep the Encyclopedia current and cutting-edge
- Online-only materials including sound files, video files, and links to external content on the web to provide a multifaceted learning experience
- Powerful searching, browsing, and cross-referencing capabilities, including Open URL linking, with all entries classified by key topic, subject, place, people, and period
- Easy to navigate, 24/7 access to this major resource
- Entries print in a clean, easy-to-read format, which includes citation, cross-references, and suggestions for further reading
- Fully integrated and searchable content with the comprehensive Handbooks in Linguistics series, for those institutions already subscribing to Blackwell Reference Online.
- Easy access for your library:
Unlimited multiple-user, self administered, access
Download COUNTER-compliant usage data
MARC records support
DOIs at entry level ensure permanent URLs for easy upload into your library's OPAC
OpenURL and Z39.50 compliance
Flexible purchase/subscription options: available as a stand-alone one-time purchase or subscription, or as part of a subscription to Blackwell Reference Online