Inhalt :: Content
Fachbibliographische Datenbank mit über annotierten 40.000 Literaturnachweisen zur Archäologie und Kunst Süd- und Südostasiens. Verzeichnet werden u.a. Monographien, Beiträge in Zeitschriften, Kongresspublikationen und Sammelwerken, Rezensionen sowie graue Literatur. Der Datenbank liegen die Printausgaben der "Annual Bibliography of Indian Archaeology" (1928-1984) und des "ABIA South and Southeast Asian Art and Archaeology Index" (1999-2011) zugrunde. Berichtszeitraum: 1920 ff. Updates: vierteljährlich. Jährlicher Zuwachs: rund 9.000 Nachweise.
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
ABIA is the only specialist academic in-depth bibliography dedicated to South and Southeast Asian prehistory, archaeology of the historical period, art, crafts and architecture (from early down to contemporary), inscriptions and palaeography, coins and seals of these regions. Going back to 1928, this unique and up-to-date bibliographic reference source has become the standard of reference in the fields it covers for both specialists as well as students.
- Unique and up-to-date specialist academic bibliography dedicated to South and Southeast Asian art and archaeology.
- Extensive coverage of publications from the 1920s onwards.
- Coverage of monographs, journals, articles in edited volumes, conference proceedings and grey literature.
- Compiled by an international team of specialists in both Europe and Asia.
- Records up to 2011 are richly and extensively annotated.
- Rich keywording
- Inclusion of references to hard-to-access locally published Asian works.
- References to publications in a multiple variety of languages
- Includes all bibliographical references of the printed Annual Bibliography of Indian Archaeology (published between 1928-1984) and the ABIA South and Southeast Asian Art and Archaeology Index (published between 1999-2011), as well as recent up-to-date online only material.
- Covers scholarly publications by specialists for specialists and non-specialists.
- 40,000 records
- Quarterly updates (9,000 new records per year)
- 425 journals
- 200 book series
- 19 languages
- 22 countries
- 12 major subject categories per country
- South Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Maldives
- Southwest Asia - as related to South Asia (e.g. Afghanistan and eastern Iran)
- Central Asia - as related to South Asia (e.g. Turkmenistan and Tajikistan)
- East Asia - as related to South Asia and Southeast Asia (e.g. the region of Tibetan culture and South China)
- Southeast Asia: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam
- The Pacific - as related to Southeast Asia (e.g. the region of Austronesian culture)
ABIA offers search options by means of:
- 3500 geographic keywords
- 5,800 general keywords
- 950 personal names as keywords
- 5,500 unique authors and editors
- 15,000 records of the ABIA Index in the online database
- 25.000 records of the Annual Bibliography of Indian Archaeology (the Kern ABIA)
- Contributed articles in books
- Articles in periodicals (including reviews and obituaries)
- Electronic books
- Electronic articles
- Unpublished PhD theses and Habilitationsschriften
- "grey" literature of academic level
ABIA Online: A Unique Reference Tool For:
- Scholars and students of Asian Studies, Art History, Archaeology, Comparative Religions, Buddhist Studies, Hindu Studies, Asia studies in general, Anthropology, History, Heritage Studies and Museum Studies; and in subfields such as Epigraphy, Palaeography, Numismatics and Sigillography.
- Museum curators and collectors of Asian arts and coins