Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
Screen Studies is a dynamic new learning and research platform taking users from script to screen and beyond - offering integrated and diverse content from Bloomsbury, Faber & Faber, the British Film Institute and Focal Press to support moving-image studies.
- An expanding range of iconic and contemporary screenplays from Bloomsbury and Faber & Faber, presented in industry standard studio format: including Dunkirk, The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Big Lebowski
- Coverage of works by leading film directors such as Wes Anderson, Joel and Ethan Coen, and Christopher Nolan providing insight into professional and creative practice
- More than 700 critical and contextual eBooks from Bloomsbury and Faber & Faber covering the major genres, regions, people, movements and styles, and history
- An illustrated timeline of cinema history, to enhance contextual understanding and provide links to related content elsewhere throughout the resource
Screen Studies supports users by allowing them to:
- Browse seamlessly between content types with the easy-to-use interface when developing their work or planning classes
- Discover relevant information with ease, using the powerful search and subject-specific taxonomy which links related content across the platform
- Explore informative guides which illuminate key genres, periods, geographic regions, directors, screenwriters and films
- Get to grips with iconic screenplays or thought-provoking scholarly books presented in a clutter free e-reading environment
- Make notes, share, print or save favourites including books, chapters or other items for later; and export citations using the Personalization features
- Link from Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) to simplify access and integration with course delivery
Updated with additional content bi-annually, Screen Studies is an essential resource for academics and students engaged in research and learning around film history, theory, and practice.
Filmmaking on Screen Studies offers a dedicated collection of over 100 practical eBooks from Focal Press and Bloomsbury, offering depth and coverage across the curriculum for student-practitioners.
- Provides coverage across key areas of filmmaking including production, screenwriting, cinematography, direction, and the business of film
- Includes overviews, practical handbooks, and technical guides
- Cross-searchable with other content available on Screen Studies, including screenplays, critical-historical works, and reference content