Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
SAGE Research Methods Video contains more than 125 hours of video, including tutorials, case study videos, expert interviews, and more, covering the entire research methods and statistics curriculum. The videos can help to bring methods to life: instead of reading about how to conduct a focus group, students can watch one in action. Stimulate class discussions by assigning videos for pre-class viewing, or use a clip in class to provide an alternative viewpoint. Videos can also be embedded into course management systems for exam preparation. Through these videos, 60% of which are exclusive to SAGE, students can find extra help and support to guide them through every step of their research project and succeed in their research methods course.
Content and features
- Includes tutorials, case study videos, expert interviews, and more
- Covers every aspect of research skills training and guides students through every step of the research process
- Contains 484 videos, with 70% of content exclusive to SAGE
- Students can access content at any time, and instructors can embed videos in their course management systems
- Includes an entire 15-hour introductory statistics course, which students can access again and again, ensuring that they master the concepts.
Every librarian has encountered frantic students struggling with a paper or research project. We know that students have a range of preferred learning styles, and when students are already overwhelmed by the number of books or journal articles, they need to read to complete their paper, more text-based resources may not be the most effective educational tools.
SAGE Research Methods Video develops students research skills through watching and listening and helps teaching faculty deliver memorable research methods and statistics lessons by providing interactive, engaging, visual content.
Practical Research & Academic Skills
This video collection, available on the SAGE Research Methods platform, offers support on the practical skills that researchers need to successfully complete their research. Key topics include
- Writing a research proposal
- Planning and designing a research project
- Securing ethical approval
- Project management
- Writing for publication
- Presenting work
- Building networks
This video collection will give researchers the confidence to successfully navigate their research work, take responsibility for their professional development, and identify the transferable skills they need to progress in their careers.
Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Digital Methods
The video collection covers data science methods, issues and challenges surrounding big data research, and examples and applications of computational social science research (also called social data science). Data science is a vast field, covering a huge range of statistical techniques and methodological issues, with applications reaching far beyond the social sciences. Key topics include
- Probability models and methods
- Statistical models
- Big data analytics tools
- Programming (Python, R)
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning
- Ethics, privacy, and security
- Social media analytics
- Data visualization
- Data mining/text mining
- Digital humanities
The newest collection of streaming video covers a range of essential qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods for data collection and analysis for successful market research. Like other video collections on SAGE Research Methods, it includes several video types including expert interviews, tutorials, in-practice videos, video case studies, documentaries, and lectures. The Market Research collection offers videos at different levels of complexity, so users with no research experience through to those who have an established methods and statistics fluency will find something suited for them.
General Market Research
Teaching faculty will appreciate the platform tools included with all of our video collections, including the ability to create custom clips, add videos to lists to share with students, and embed videos in their course management systems.
- What is market research?
- Steps of the market research process
- Understanding customer needs & insight
- Ethics in market research
Planning & Research Design
- Defining a market research problem
- Research design & types of research
- Selecting a methodology & method of data collection
- Defining research questions & hypotheses
- Survey design
- Secondary data: desk research; marketing databases
- Quantitative data collection: survey sampling; survey response rates; field methods; observation
- Qualitative data collection: focus groups; interviewing; ethnography
- Analysing quantitative data
- Mixed methods
- Writing Up & Presenting Market Research
Analysing qualitative data
- Drawing conclusions & making recommendations
- Writing a market research report
- Data visualization
- Presenting the report
- Translating findings into actions