Inhalt :: Content
Online-Service für englischsprachiges und internationales Theater, von klassischen bis zu zeitgenössischen Autorinnen und Autoren. Das Angebot von ca. 2.500 Dramatexten und Werkausgaben von Faber und Faber, aus "Bloomsburys Methuen Drama" (Modern Plays, Student Editions), der "Arden Shakespeare Series", von Nick Hern Books, Aurora Metro Books sowie Playwrights Canada Press wird laufend um neue Titel und Medien, wie z.B. Fotos, Sammlungen von Audio- und Videoaufnahmen von Aufführungen, Sekundärliteratur und Kontextinformationen erweitert.
"Drama Online" ist besonders für theaterwissenschaftliche Studien, Literaturkurse und Schauspielunterricht konzipiert.
Sämtliche Module des Portals "Drama Online" können einzeln, als Teilpakete oder als Gesamtpaket im Rahmen eines Jahresabonnements bezogen oder durch einmaligen Datenkauf erworben werden. Updates: regelmäßig.
Verzeichnis der enthaltenen Titel
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
Drama Online is an award-winning digital library of over 2,500 playtexts, 400 audio plays, 300 hours of video and 370 books of criticism and performance practice from leading theatre publishers and companies. Together, these resources offer a complete multimedia experience of theatre. Designed to meet the full range of teaching needs for theatre studies, literature courses and drama schools, individual collections can be purchased separately to tailor Drama Online to your institution's specializations.
The Core Collection on Drama Online features the pre-eminent theatre lists of Bloomsbury's Methuen Drama and Arden Shakespeare imprints as well as those of Faber & Faber. It also includes production photos from the Victoria and Albert Museum and The American Shakespeare Center. Further playtext collections include Nick Hern Books, Aurora Metro Books and Playwrights Canada Press.
The platform also offers collections of filmed live performances including those from leading theatres such as Shakespeare's Globe, the Royal Shakespeare Company and the National Theatre (see below for a full listing of these), as well as a wealth of audio plays from L.A. Theatre Works.
Functionality and Special Features
- An intuitive e-reader featuring scholarly editions and in-text annotations, as well as page and line numbers corresponding with the print edition
- Advanced and full text search capabilities. Filter results by playwright, genre, period, theme, cast size, gendered roles, word-length, and more
- Visual aids for study and rehearsal, including a Words and Speeches Graph and a Character Grid for each play
- Part books: character lines and stage directions readily available for each individual role
- Play finder: search for a play via cast size, genre, period, playwright and more
- Personalization features such as citation tool, bookmark, highlight, annotate texts, save searches, and view
- TCG Books Play Collection
TCG Books Play Collection is exclusive collection of 200 plays from TCG Books, the largest independent trade publisher of dramatic literature in North America whose backlist consists of diverse voices in contemporary American theatre, including 18 winners of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. The collection will launch on Drama Online with 100 titles in January 2022 and will complete with a further 100 in Fall 2022.
The collection features:
- Trade editions of canonical texts from a diverse selection of American authors, spanning multiple decades, genres and forms
- Collected works by celebrated authors such as Anne Washburn, Tony Kushner, Sarah Ruhl and Richard Nelson
- The work of diverse practitioners such as Nilo Cruz, David Henry Hwang and Ping Chong, offering works in translation, adaptations and new versions of classic plays
- Much-studied plays such as August: Osage County, Mr Burns, Homebody/Kabul alongside contemporary classics such as What the Constitution Means to Me and The Sound Inside.
- Currency Press Collection
This exciting collection offers 300 plays from Currency Press, Australia's leading publisher of the performing arts and its oldest, independently-owned, active publisher.
Currency Press has published hundreds of titles across a rapidly expanding list of contemporary Australian writers, including indigenous playwrights, alongside genre plays of the colonial period and works from the first half of the twentieth century.
The collection has launched with 200 titles and 100 further titles will follow in 2023.
- Includes 300 hundred plays from many of Australia's preeminent playwrights such as Nick Enright, Lally Katz, Kate Mulvaney, Joanna Murray-Smith, Tommy Murphy, Louis Nowra and Leah Purcell
- The titles included are global and diverse in their origins and themes, offering a dynamic mix of contemporary Australian texts aimed at a global readership
- The first and only exclusive library of Currency Press titles, this collection offers a unique opportunity for students, practitioners and researchers to explore the catalogue of this important drama publisher
- Theatre Performance and Practice Video Library
Theatre Performance and Practice Video Library is a collection of 7 educational films from Pumpkin Interactive, the UK's leading producer of high-quality video content for schools, colleges and universities, which will enable users to understand first-hand the process of creating theatre from inception through to performance.
The areas covered physical theatre, devising, ensemble, comedy and the ideas of iconic practitioners Artaud and Grotowski are among the core components of any undergraduate Theatre Studies, Drama, Comedy and Acting course at universities and conservatoires across the world.