Inhalt :: Content
Online-Service für englischsprachiges und internationales Theater, von klassischen bis zu zeitgenössischen Autorinnen und Autoren. Das Angebot von ca. 4.400 Dramatexten und Werkausgaben von Faber und Faber, aus "Bloomsburys Methuen Drama" (Modern Plays, Student Editions), der "Arden Shakespeare Series", von Nick Hern Books, Aurora Metro Books, Playwrights Canada Press, Oberon Books, TCG Books und Focal Press wird laufend um neue Titel und Medien, wie z.B. Fotos, Sammlungen von Audio- und Videoaufnahmen von Aufführungen, Sekundärliteratur und Kontextinformationen erweitert.
"Drama Online" ist besonders für theaterwissenschaftliche Studien, Literaturkurse und Schauspielunterricht konzipiert. Sämtliche Module des Portals "Drama Online" können einzeln, als Teilpakete oder als Gesamtpaket im Rahmen eines Jahresabonnements bezogen oder durch einmaligen Datenkauf erworben werden. Updates: regelmäßig.
Verzeichnis der enthaltenen Titel
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
Drama Online is an award-winning digital library of over 2,500 playtexts, 400 audio plays, 300 hours of video and 370 books of criticism and performance practice from leading theatre publishers and companies. Together, these resources offer a complete multimedia experience of theatre. Designed to meet the full range of teaching needs for theatre studies, literature courses and drama schools, individual collections can be purchased separately to tailor Drama Online to your institution's specializations.
The Core Collection on Drama Online features the pre-eminent theatre lists of Bloomsbury's Methuen Drama and Arden Shakespeare imprints as well as those of Faber & Faber. It also includes production photos from the Victoria and Albert Museum and The American Shakespeare Center. Further playtext collections include Nick Hern Books, Aurora Metro Books and Playwrights Canada Press.
The platform also offers collections of filmed live performances including those from leading theatres such as Shakespeare's Globe, the Royal Shakespeare Company and the National Theatre (see below for a full listing of these), as well as a wealth of audio plays from L.A. Theatre Works.
Functionality and Special Features
- An intuitive e-reader featuring scholarly editions and in-text annotations, as well as page and line numbers corresponding with the print edition
- Advanced and full text search capabilities. Filter results by playwright, genre, period, theme, cast size, gendered roles, word-length, and more
- Visual aids for study and rehearsal, including a Words and Speeches Graph and a Character Grid for each play
- Part books: character lines and stage directions readily available for each individual role
- Play finder: search for a play via cast size, genre, period, playwright and more
- Personalization features such as citation tool, bookmark, highlight, annotate texts, save searches, and view
- Focal Press Theatre Books Collection
We are excited to announce the upcoming release of 72 titles from renowned theatre studies imprint Focal Press. The Focal Press Theatre Books collection, containing practical and vocational stagecraft titles, is an invaluable resource for those taking practical courses relating to the theatre industry, whether in front of the curtain or behind the scenes.
Topics covered in the upcoming release include:
- Theatre Design and Photography, with multiple titles on lighting, music, design, technology and more, including Automated Lighting and Stage Lighting: The Fundamentals and Media Design and Technology for Live Entertainment
- Practical Titles for Actors, with titles including Your Body Knows: A Movement Guide and The Art of Unarmed Stage Combat
- Costume Design & Makeup, including: Theatrical Makeup: Basic Application and The Foundations of Stage Makeup and Unbuttoned: The Art and Artists of Theatrical Costume Design
- Practical Titles for Directors, with titles such as The Director's Toolkit and Collaborative Stage Directing: A Guide to Creating and Managing a Positive Theatre Environment
- The Art of Theatre Management, with selected titles including The Fake Food Cookbook and Disability and Theatre: A Practical Manual for Inclusion in the Arts
- Practical Titles for Dancers, including Dance Production: Design and Technology and Nutrition for Dancers
- Mindfulness and Wellbeing including the titles The Thriving Artist and Productivity Through Wellness for Live Entertainment and Theatre Technicians
- Oberon Books Collection 2
Oberon Books has long been recognised as one of the most exciting publishers specialising in drama and the performing arts, with a reputation for publishing challenging and compelling works. This second collection currently offers 199 titles and will contain 400 titles by the end of February 2024.
Highlights of the collection include:
- 39 plays by the renowned and prolific British playwright Howard Barker, such as Scenes from an Execution, The Europeans, and Victory.
- A selection of stand-out plays by contemporary writers such as Aamina Ahmad, Koko Brown, Rhiannon Faith, Gabriel Gbadamosi, Lauren John Joseph, Nick Makoha, Yolanda Mercy, and Leo Skilbeck.
- 11 Josephine House, the debut play by Alfred Fagon who is remembered as one of the most eminent Black British playwrights of the 1970s and 1980s, alongside the final play in his oeuvre, Lonely Cowboy.
- Three plays by Karen Zacarias, one of the ten most-produced playwrights in the US, including the critically acclaimed Destiny of Desire.
- Eight plays by the experimental Belgian theatre collective Ontroerend Goed, including the divisive Audience and Internal, and acclaimed The Smile off Your Face.
- The Special Relationship, a new play by award-winning playwright Hassan Abdulrazzak, alongside his earlier work, such as Baghdad Wedding and Love, Bombs, and Apples.
- Canonical plays by Rodney Ackland, one of the twentieth-century's major English playwrights, including Absolute Hell and Before the Party.