Inhalt :: Content
Der Online-Service bietet einen umfassenden Überblick über die Geschichte, Theorie und Praxis des Kunsthandwerks und des Designs in der ganzen Welt von 1500 v. Chr. bis zur Gegenwart. Die Datenbank enthält eine wachsende Anzahl einschlägiger Referenzwerke, darunter die dreibändige "Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Design", hrsg. v. Clive Edwards, mit über 1.700 Beiträgen, das zweibändige Referenzwerk "World History of Design", hrsg. v. Victor Margolin, die "Encyclopedia of Asian Design", hrsg. v. Haruhiko Fujita und die "Encyclopedia of East Asian Design", hrsg. v. Haruhiko Fujita und Christine Guth sowie rund 100 Fachbücher zu einem breiten Spektrum an Themen aus den Bereichen Kunsthandwerk und Design.
Ferner enthalten ist eine umfangreiche Auswahl an Museumsobjektbildern, die vollständig durchsucht werden können, u.a. aus den Beständen des Museum of Arts and Design in New York, dem Philadelphia Museum of Arts sowie The National Archives (TNA), Kew. Updates: halbjährlich.
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
From Alvar Aalto to virtual reality design, and from authoritative reference information to innovative scholarly research, the Bloomsbury Design Library provides unrivalled coverage of design and crafts worldwide, from 1500 BCE to the present day.
Including a fast-expanding range of full-text content and images, underpinned by a specially developed taxonomy, the Bloomsbury Design Library is an invaluable resource for students, academics and researchers in Visual Arts and Design.
- Explore the global history of design and crafts from pre-history to the present day
- Discover more about influential designers and makers
- Learn about everything from retro style to contemporary crafts, and from design for sustainability to the workings of the design industry
- Understand the history of design in its social, political and economic context through an illustrated interactive timeline
- The landmark, three-volume Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Design including over 1,700 authoritative articles by leading international scholars, this unique encyclopedia provides comprehensive coverage of disciplines, designers, schools, movements and styles, national design histories, and methods and processes
- The definitive, two-volume World History of Design written by eminent design historian Victor Margolin, this is an acclaimed and richly illustrated history of global crafts, decorative arts, and graphic and industrial design from prehistoric times to the end of World War II
- 17 online exclusive articles from the Encyclopedia of Asian Design, the first publication to provide authoritative coverage of design and craft practice across Greater Asia
- The Encyclopedia of East Asian Design, the first comprehensive publication to focus on East Asian design and its histories, divided by country to reflect specific regional and national histories and geographies.
- Over 100 eBooks in design and craft studies by leading scholars including Glenn Adamson, Tony Fry, John Heskett, Penny Sparke, Judith Attfield and Nigel Cross
- Museum collections, with over 2,000 images featuring a range of forms from the Museum of Arts and Design in New York; the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s extensive collection of costume and textiles; and textile, glasswork, and other designs from The National Archives, UK
- Exhibition archives providing essential information and images from key museum exhibitions including the Designmuseum Danmark and the Museum of Craft and Design, San Francisco
- Exclusive lesson plans and bibliographic guides to help users navigate key content, with inspiration to bolster course teaching, and thematic guides to introduce core readings on individual topics
- More than 100 Designer Pages providing essential details and links to further reading about key figures including Ettore Sottsass, William Morris, Charles Eames and Ray Kaiser Eames
- An interactive timeline providing an illustrated and linked overview of global design and crafts history, within its social, technological, economic, and cultural context
- Wide range of search, browse and filter options including: period; place; people; themes; disciplines; objects and materials; the design industry; schools, movements and styles; and content types
- Interactive timeline enables users to browse the history of design from pre-history to the present day