Inhalt :: Content
Online-Plattform mit Zugang zu allen Sammlungen von Bloomsbury im Bereich der Darstellenden Künste. Sie umfassen Lehrbücher, Referenzwerke, Primärmaterialien, Monografien und Multimedia und bieten eine vielfältige Studien- und Forschungsumgebung.
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
The Bloomsbury Visual Arts digital hub brings Bloomsbury's leading visual arts resources together onto one cross-searchable platform to support an interdisciplinary approach to studies, teaching and research.
Its collections have been designed to fit together seamlessly so that access to any combination of them provides a rich experience for users of all levels. They span textbooks, reference, primary material, monographs and multimedia to offer a diverse, engaging and authoritative study and research environment.
The Bloomsbury Visual Arts hub comprises Bloomsbury Design Library, Bloomsbury Applied Visual Arts, Bloomsbury International Encyclopedia of Surrealism and Bloomsbury Art Markets, an authoritative international guide for art trade research.
Benefits for users
- Discover interdisciplinary content across closely connected fields seamlessly - ideal for research and learning within related courses or modules.
- Explore landing pages for each individual resource, or curated thematic pages based on popular searches and course titles, all underpinned by the overarching taxonomy.
- Search and navigate by common themes such as artistic movements spanning architecture, interiors, visual culture and craft.
- Harness learning resources including subject guides, lesson plans and bibliographic guides to support teaching and study within and across collections.
Benefits for administrators
- Purchase collections individually, and users will only see content on the hub to which they have access via their library.
- Take advantage of a wide range of upcoming content sets (2023/24) to support delivery of courses at your institution.
- Applied Gaming (September 2023)
Encompassing a wide range of technical titles, this coherent and practice-led collection of 109 books from specialist imprints CRC Press and Focal Press will be invaluable for students across a variety of Game Design courses. Download the provisional title list here.
- Photography (September 2023)
This collection will comprise 42 practical photography titles from Taylor & Francis' Focal Press imprint. It will cover topics such as lighting, digital imaging, and 3D art, offering key techniques, approaches and step-by-step guides for students across visual arts and photography courses.
- Ceramics (September 2023)
Spanning a wide range of practical topics from colouring clay to throwing techniques, this collection will bring together 32 beautifully illustrated titles for the student-practitioner. These titles from Bloomsbury's specialist imprints A&C Black and Herbert Press will be available digitally for the first time and are ideal for students on ceramic courses to explore "how to" information and inspiration.
- Printmaking (October 2023)
Printmaking will offer a dedicated collection of 19 beautifully illustrated books across a wide range of practical topics. Designed to provide guidance on how to master new techniques as well as traditional methods, these titles will be invaluable for students of printmaking and related applied arts courses.
Forthcoming architecture collections
- Bloomsbury Architecture Library (November 2023)
- Architecture Design and Practice (November 2023)
- Vernacular Architecture Reference Collection
- Global Encyclopedia of Women in Architecture