Inhalt :: Content
Online-Service mit Zugang zu E-Books und Online-Artikeln zur populären Musik weltweit von der Mitte des 20. Jahrhunderts bis zur Gegenwart. Enthalten sind u.a. die 14-bändige "Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Popular Music of the World" mit Sach- und Personenartikeln zur Geschichte der Popularmusik, über 150 Bände der renommierten Buchreihen "33 1/3" und "33 1/3 Global" mit detaillierten Analysen einflussreicher Musikalben zahlreicher Genres, von Caetano Veloso bis Public Enemy sowie über 80 Bände Studienliteratur, die von Sammelbänden über Biographien bis hin zu historischen Übersichten reichen und Genres wie Rock, Pop, Hip Hop und Punk umfassen. Updates: halbjährlich.
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
From acid house to zydeco, and from Acapulco to Zanzibar, Bloomsbury Popular Music provides unrivalled scholarly coverage of modern popular music worldwide, covering the mid-20th century to the present day.
- Explore the historical origins and cultural impact of popular music from almost every country in the world
- Discover more about influential artists and albums, and local music scenes and subcultures
- Learn about everything from musical form and instruments to the workings of the music industry
- Research the social, political and economic context of different musical genres
Bloomsbury Popular Music offers access to a broad and expanding range of content:
- Multiple volumes from the landmark reference work, Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Popular Music of the World, with new volumes from top international contributors added regularly.
- More than 150 volumes of the widely acclaimed 33 1/3 and 33 1/3 Global book series, providing in-depth analysis of influential albums across diverse musical eras, by artists ranging from Caetano Veloso to Public Enemy
- An expanding range of scholarly books from Bloomsbury's popular music studies list, comprising edited volumes, biographies, and historical overviews
- An illustrated Timeline of Popular Music back to 1900, including dates of 33 1/3 series albums, plus an overview of contextual events in musical and political history, with links to relevant articles
- An interactive World Map enables users to navigate to books and articles covering a particular country or region that is most relevant to their work
- Artist pages including curated related content, and biographical information on hundreds of artists and musicians. The artist page biographies are written by André Diehl and Robrecht Herfkens, and will be added to the complete set of artist pages over the forthcoming content updates.
- Search, browse and filter content by music genre, artist name, topic, and country
- Artist Pages offer curated links to relevant content for leading artists
- Interactive World Map enables users to navigate to books and articles covering a particular country or region
- Interactive Timeline of Popular Music includes the dates of albums covered in the 33 1/3 series, plus an overview of contextual events in musical and political history, with links to relevant articles
New in 2020
- Over 180 new artist biographies, including new artist pages for the Manic Street Preachers, Tim Maia, and The Shangri-Las
- New frontlist scholarly titles from the Bloomsbury Music list, including 3 recent additions to the Bloomsbury Handbooks series, with more to follow shortly after they have been published in print
- Coming soon: A selection of top reference titles from our publishing partner, ABC-Clio, including the Encyclopedia of Latin American Popular Music
Benefits for Users
- Browse seamlessly between influential artists, albums, musical eras, and genres from across the globe
- Connect information and navigate directly to relevant material all content is cross-searchable and linked to related material
- Discover interactive features such as a Timeline of Popular Music to develop contextual understanding of albums and artists, and a World Map for navigation by region of interest
- Refer to materials and search for information on the go, making use of the site's intuitive interface for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Cite, share, save, or print content easily, including books, chapters, or searches perfect for research or group projects