Inhalt :: Content
Online-Service mit Zugang zu E-Books und Online-Artikeln zur populären Musik weltweit von der Mitte des 20. Jahrhunderts bis zur Gegenwart. Enthalten sind u.a. die 14-bändige "Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Popular Music of the World", über 190 Bände der renommierten Buchreihen "33 1/3" und "33 1/3 Global" mit detaillierten Analysen einflussreicher Musikalben zahlreichen Genres, von Caetano Veloso bis Public Enemy sowie Studienliteratur, darunter Biografien und geschichtliche Überblicke. Updates: halbjährlich.
Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
From acid house to zydeco, and from Acapulco to Zanzibar, Bloomsbury Popular Music provides unrivalled scholarly coverage of modern popular music worldwide, covering the mid-20th century to the present day.
- Explore the historical origins and cultural impact of popular music from almost every country in the world
- Discover more about influential artists and albums, and local music scenes and subcultures
- Learn about everything from musical form and instruments to the workings of the music industry
- Research the social, political and economic context of different musical genres
- Multiple volumes from the landmark reference work, Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Popular Music of the World, with new volumes from top international contributors added regularly.
- Titles from the widely acclaimed 33 1/3 and 33 1/3 Global book series, providing in-depth analysis of influential albums across diverse musical eras, by artists ranging from Caetano Veloso to Public Enemy
- An expanding range of scholarly books from Bloomsbury's popular music studies list, comprising edited volumes, biographies, and historical overviews
- An illustrated Timeline of Popular Music back to 1900, including dates of 33 1/3 series albums, plus an overview of contextual events in musical and political history, with links to relevant articles
- An interactive World Map enables users to navigate to books and articles covering a particular country or region that is most relevant to their work
- Artist pages including curated related content, and biographical information on hundreds of artists and musicians.
- Exclusive Research and Learning Tools to guide users through the wealth of content available on Bloomsbury Popular Music
- Search, browse and filter content by music genre, artist name, topic, and country
- Artist Pages offer curated links to relevant content for leading artists
- Interactive World Map enables users to navigate to books and articles covering a particular country or region
- Interactive Timeline of Popular Music includes the dates of albums covered in the 33 1/3 series, plus an overview of contextual events in musical and political history, with links to relevant articles
Benefits for Users
- Browse seamlessly between influential artists, albums, musical eras, and genres from across the globe
- Connect information and navigate directly to relevant material all content is cross-searchable and linked to related material
- Discover interactive features such as a Timeline of Popular Music to develop contextual understanding of albums and artists, and a World Map for navigation by region of interest
- Refer to materials and search for information on the go, making use of the site's intuitive interface for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Cite, share, save, or print content easily, including books, chapters, or searches perfect for research or group projects