Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
This growing digital hub provides access to exclusive reference content, cutting edge scholarship, and a variety of learning resources across a range of subject areas in music and sound studies.
The hub currently offers two collections: Bloomsbury Popular Music and Sound Studies. Future modules will include opera and classical collections.
- Bloomsbury Popular Music:
The original collection, Bloomsbury Popular Music, provides unrivalled scholarly coverage of modern popular music worldwide, covering the mid-20th century to the present day, through the Bloomsbury Enyclopedia of Popular Music of the World, an expanding range of scholarly books and the 33 1/3 and Global 33 1/3 series. It supports courses in ethnomusicology, the performing arts, media and communication, cultural studies, anthropology and sociology.
- Sound Studies:
The Sound Studies collection is the first digital resource to provide wide-ranging, cross-cultural, and interdisciplinary scholarly content in the study of sound. It contains 112 titles from across Bloomsbury and Taylor & Francis, including comprehensive reference works, as well as works by key sound studies authors including Michael Bull, Brandon LaBelle, Holger Schulze, Jonathan Sterne and Salomé Voegelin. Subject areas covered include art, aesthetics, architecture, contemporary music, history, philosophy, technology, and cultural studies and the growing literature of sonic and auditory theory, methodology, and practice.
Features and Benefits
- Connect information and navigate directly to relevant material all content is cross-searchable and linked to related material
- Browse seamlessly: on Bloomsbury Popular Music you can browse between influential artists, albums, musical eras, and genres from across the globe
- Discover interactive features such as a Timeline of Popular Music to develop contextual understanding of albums and artists, and a World Map for navigation by region of interest
- Refer to materials and search for information on the go, making use of the site's intuitive interface for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Cite, share, save, or print content easily, including books, chapters, or searches perfect for research or group projects
Editorial Advisory Board
The Bloomsbury Popular Music editorial advisory board includes academics and experts from around the world who specialize in popular music studies.