Verlagsinformation :: Publisher's information
The award-winning Bloomsbury Fashion Central platform delivers fast, cross-searchable access to Bloomsbury's expanding range of online fashion products.
Offering a vast range of high quality content from scholarly research and reference resources to iconic images and market-leading textbooks products available on the Bloomsbury Fashion Central platform are invaluable for academics and students in the visual arts, humanities, and social sciences.
The following products are available on the Bloomsbury Fashion Central platform, and each is available separately:
- Berg Fashion Library
The leading source of information on dress and fashion worldwide, and updated at least three times a year, the Berg Fashion Library offers access to an expanding range of essential resources. These include the landmark 10-volume Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion, 100+ Berg ebooks, reference resources, 13,000 color images and many other special features. Available by annual subscription to institutions worldwide.
- Fashion Photography Archive
From haute couture to street style, the Fashion Photography Archive offers exclusive access to over 775,000 images, all copyright-cleared for educational use. The resource also includes a wide range of multimedia resources which provide context and analysis. Available for purchase or by annual subscription to institutions worldwide.
- Bloomsbury Fashion Business Cases
From design and sourcing to marketing and retail, this world class collection is packed with hundreds of cases enabling students to master in-demand business and analytical skills for their careers. Global in focus, cases present real-world challenges facing the business of fashion across sectors, tackling important issues such as sustainability, technology, ethics, and leadership. Bringing dynamic, experiential learning to the classroom, cases are designed to support the pedagogical needs of a global readership of students, from foundation to graduate level, building knowledge, skills, and confidence.
- Bloomsbury Fashion Video Archive
Offering 2,500 videos and 1,200 hours of footage from the YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP Runway Archive Collections, Bloomsbury Fashion Video Archive offers an unrivalled window into fashion history between 1979 and 2003. The period covered by the archive saw the disruptive impact of innovative designers such as the Antwerp Six, Rei Kawakubo, and Hussein Chalayan and spans more than two decades of London, Paris, New York and Milan runway shows. The Archive includes priceless footage including Alexander McQueen's 1992 Jack the Ripper graduate show, Jean Paul Gaultier's controversial 'Rabbi Chic' show, extraordinary Westwood and rare Galliano, as well as the radical Belgian, Martin Margiela. It is an absolute treasure trove for fashion students and researchers as well as anyone interested in broader cultural and aesthetic trends of the period.
- Fairchild Books Library (Available outside North America only)
The Fairchild Books Library offers cross-searchable access to over 130 Fairchild Books textbooks plus multimedia teaching and learning resources which have been specially developed to complement each title. Available by annual subscription to institutions outside North America.
- The specially-developed taxonomy used across Bloomsbury Fashion Central products makes it quick and easy for users to find the information they need.
- Search results can be filtered by a wide range of specialist options including garment or accessory type, textiles and materials (e.g. colors, finishes, patterns), the fashion industry (e.g. fashion media, marketing, trend forecasting), organizations (e.g. design houses, fashion magazines), people (e.g. designers, models), and themes (e.g. subculture, power dressing, maternity wear)
- Advanced search options include image title, image designer, museum collection as well as book or chapter title, author and bibliographic details
- Zoom in on images to get a close-up view